Monday, January 9, 2012

My #Internet #sexual #Experience in #Santa #Fe


Later that night, after Grace received her email, she found that she could not send email.   One small voice within me was asking: why me, Lord?  Is this some sort of modern version of Job, who lost everything and was consigned to a dung heap?  Are continual problems with televisions, computers, phones and cables my form of dung-heap repentance?
I called Darrell, but it was quite late, even for the dream technician.  I then called Qwest technical support.  After an hour (including warnings that the conversation may be recorded for training purposes, etc., etc.), the guy I spoke to suggested that it might be a PC problem.  He got me the 800 number for Microsoft Outlook Express technical support and that led to the most sexual experience I have ever had while on the phone with tech support personnel.
I eventually reached India, where a woman named Doha efficiently led me through several tests indicating that, indeed, email could not be sent from Grace’s laptop.  Then she asked if she had my permission to take control of my computer.  I agreed.
I downloaded some software and in a few seconds the mouse indicator icon was leaping around my tabletop seemingly on its own volition.  In actuality, I was computer helpless when, a few moments before, I had been merely hopeless.
It was, as I have noted, an almost sexual experience, sort of computer bondage.   In the best sense.  My hands (or rather my fingers) were metaphorically tied, prevented from having any effect whatsoever on what was happening to my computer.  I could do nothing but watch as the Doha-controlled long-long distance mouse icon leapt from page to page, flitting to make a correction there, preventing a continuing screw up, opening some contents, checking off a box or indicating “no” during another flourish. 
Then, almost as suddenly as my session began, Doha said that the problem was fixed.  She returned control back to me, allowing me to receive and, hallelujah, send test emails.
Everything worked.   I was enthusiastic in my thanks to my Indian computer dominatrix.  “I am happily married, but after your demonstration, I think I have fallen in love.”
Doha giggled, briefly, probably embarrassed by my effusions. 
After sharing with her how strangely sexual it felt to have her take control of the computer (a revelation I am quite sure Doha could have done without), I asked if she would be willing to live in one corner of my office and to be ready to take over our computers to solve problems 24/7.
She pointed out that she, or someone very much like her, was already available by phone 24/7.  Then she checked to make sure the problems had been solved and that I was satisfied.
I really was.  Satisfied.   I considered telling her that I was so happy that I was thinking about having a post-coital cigarette (even though I gave up smoking decades ago), but I thought that might violate some international sex harassment rule.  I thanked her once again, left my desk and told my wife about my experience.
“It was very strange,” I said.  “I have to admit that it was almost a sexual experience.”
Grace, ever the realist, was not jealous of anything that happened on a technical support call to India.  She merely asked, “So the problem is solved and you’re sure I can send email?”
I must admit that in the weeks and months that followed my Doha experience, I did not dream or fanaticize about her.  That led me to conclude that I was not addicted to computer bondage or laptop S&M.   I merely had a one-time, very happy and successful inter-continental fling with Doha.   

No comments:

Post a Comment