Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Will All-Connect connect our TV in #Santa #Fe


When I called #All #Connect about getting my Internet and television set up for the home in #Santa #Fe, I was told that our order had been put on hold.
I inquired, “When were you going to tell me that we were on hold?”
Answer, “I’m informing you now that it was put on hold a week ago.”  I was glad to finally get that information.
“Why was it put on hold?”
“I was not given a reason on what I have in front of me.”
So I called the phone company again and was given the name and phone number of Comcast, a service that might install both cable TV and Internet access.  
The woman I talked to at Comcast tsked-tsked, adding that All Connect had a terrible reputation.   She guaranteed on the grave of her mother (which, I believe, already had wireless Internet connections for any emails from The Beyond) that Comcast would do a far better job. 
I was reminded of going to a new dentist when I was a kid.  The first observation from the new tooth-puller was that all fillings by all other dentists who worked on my mouth were amateurish, dangerous and needed to be removed before my overbite allowed me only to audition for the Blue Collar Comedy tour audience.
However, despite all the promises of being the better company, as far as Comcast was concerned, I was a new customer and would have to be on the bottom of their technician’s considerable waiting list.  Any installation was at least two weeks away.
I reluctantly agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment