Monday, March 19, 2012

#Jesus and the #Stain, part 3 in #Santa #Fe


When they arrived, I was told that Jesus had a clinic or doctor’s appointment the day before.  They also sadly told me that they would do no staining.  Today.
         About two hours before they finished the job, the uncle informed me that Jesus would appreciate it if his fee would be paid in cash.  If I paid with a check, Jesus would be forced to add tax to the bill. 
I pointed out that cash machines rarely allow patrons to take out over $700 in a single day.  Would he accept full payment tomorrow?
         No, tomorrow he was working at Los Alamos, which is more than an hour away.   He would have to be paid today.
So I rushed to the Agora near the entrance to El Dorado, where I had seen a cash machine.  I asked for $800 and got a printed response something like “You gotta be kidding.”  Then I requested $400 and got the cash.  So I went back and asked for more, but each time I was told “You have exceeded your limit.  Use some other cash machine to buy your drugs, you filthy addict.”   
When I got back to the house, I said I had $400 in cash and asked if a $350 check would be all right.  It was fine, I counted the money, the uncle counted the money and, after handing Jesus the check for $350, we again solemnly shook hands.  It ended with dignity and no stain.   

No comments:

Post a Comment