Thursday, March 15, 2012

More about #Bob in #Santa #Fe


More about Bob, the handyman:
       For instance:  We had a leak in the pipes that control our irrigation.  Bob decided that the valve top, which was plastic, had a little tiny leak, which could be fixed with epoxy.  HE squished the epoxy into the valve top and , presto, pronounced it fixed, a considerable savings compared to replacing the entire valve.  He returned the next morning to turn on the irrigation water and, presto, everything worked.   Later that evening, I went to the pipes because I wanted to manually set the sprays for the garden.  The valve was leaking about as fast as it was when I First noticed the leak.
         I called Bob, who returned the next morning and replaced the entire valve (leaving the defective parts on top of the contraption so I’d know what was fixed) without ever calling us.  He must have had a real emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment