Thursday, March 1, 2012

New #Router: Will it bring #Instant #Netflix to #Santa Fe



          Setting up the router was easy.  I plugged it in, took one thick yellow cord with a telephone connection at both ends and ran it from the modem to the router.  Another almost identical cord ran from the modem to my computer.
And Presto!!  The modem’s green light was lit.  Everything seemed perfect. 
          Then I inserted the CD for installing the program which would give my computer the instructions it needed to talk to the router and perhaps, for all I knew, the router – don’t want to leave that out.  At the very end of this process, one of my experts said that this step was unnecessary, meaning that it led to a huge waste of time.  I prefer to think that it was the obvious thing to do – the CD was there and for every other installation an insertion into the computer was required.
          It only took micro-seconds for the computer to tell me that this was not good.  A warning sign said, “You cannot use the application ‘Belkin – set up – and monitor install’ with this version of OSX.”  OSX was the operating system for my computer.  It may also have been some sort of secret designation which only knowledgeable computer experts and those who name perfumes understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment