Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No #Instant #Netflix in #Santa Fe, yet.


Les, our computer expert in Palm Desert, CA., was able to get us Instant Flix there by shifting the position of the router from my office to the TV room.  It is now perched precariously on a small tripod behind an easy chair next to the TV set.
         He suggested that I try a new, better and more powerful router in Santa Fe.  With some concern that I was throwing good money after bad, I bought the latest version of the best Belkin router in Palm Desert, CA, but would is find a good home in Santa Fe?
         I waited a couple of weeks after we arrived to install the Belkin Router because I didn’t want to suffer through another technological defeat (e.g. email that I couldn’t send, TV that needed outside expertise just to turn it on, etc.)  Although I was victorious in every case, it depressed me to (1) understand how little I knew about these gadgets, (2) how difficult it was to understand the Indian or Indonesian technical experts on the phone, and (3) how long the process took.  I probably put in eight hours on the phone working to solve this problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment