Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting/not getting #email thanks to #Time #Warner in #Santa #Fe


This happy state of getting and sending email continued until the next morning when I could no longer send email.  A call to Time-Warner resulted in another gentleman telling me that email was not Time-Warner’s responsibility.   I should go to #Apple and have them solve the problem.
Once in the clutches of Apple, a woman with a chirpy voice and an Indonesian accent told me that the only was to solve the problem was to pay $49+ for help.  This upset me, especially because Time-Warner and others were perfectly willing to give me bad advice for free.
After some snide remarks on my part, I gave her my credit card number and she shunted me over to tech support.  There a nice woman suggested that I enter all the emails, nicknames and poasswords again.  This involved changing 4 or more lines in the email options area, which took some time.
Then, after it was impossible to send email, she suggested that I restart the computer.  I did and the emails went zinging out.  All problems solved, and after only another 2 hours on the phone.   Until the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment