Monday, February 27, 2012

Victory: I get #email, #Nigerian offers me $25 mil


The next morning I could not send out emails again.  But I knew what to do (short of throwing the computer out of the window).  I opened the options section on entourage, found the passwords line and re-entered that.  And that was when the Internet went down (possibly because of the huge forest fires in the area taking down Internet antennas.)
All I had to do was wait until the next day, turn on the computer and then joyously send out emails confirming that I want to help that poor woman in #Nigeria whose husband was killed by the government and who wants to get a paltry #$25 million out of the country.  She promised to give me half the $25 million in exchange for the $10,000 needed to hire a crooked lawyer. 
Total time expended trying to be able to send emails from our home in Santa Fe: nearly 10 hours over 3 days. 
The Internet remains a joy to all mankind.  Getting it to work for most of us is far from easy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment